Saturday, January 4, 2014

Setting up for success!

Well vacation is coming to an end for me. I've been off half of November and all of Dec.(partly from being sick) and then work was closed for 17 days, so it's going to feel strange going back now! Today I tried to catch up around my house, doing laundry, meal planning, and we went and stocked up on fresh produce so we wouldn't have to go tomorrow. 

I want to go back to work organized since it's going to be a pretty full week. I have my regular job, 2 orders of dog food to do, and I have an appointment with the vein Dr on Wed. right after work, and chiro Friday. Fun. 

I've been doing great with my food so far this week. I did decide to stick with WW for now. My goal right now is no eating out until February, then we will have one dinner out for Valentine's Day, which we have a gift card for.(Unless the in laws take us for sushi which they occasionally do). 

 This is what the past few days looked like;






















1) Toasted rice cakes with P.B. and Amazing  Grass with P.B. flour.
2) Snacks...self explanatory!

3)Dinner was mashed potatoes, steamed Brussels sprouts and meatless "pork chops" with mushroom soup that I made into a gravy/sauce. SO GOOD!





















 1) Breakfast was 2 eggs with mushrooms, leeks, and grape tomatoes and 10g cheddar and whole wheat toast with laughing cow.

2) Lunch was a tuna sandwich and Amy's vegetable alphabet soup (and a unpictured banana).

3)Spaghetti for dinner. It was actually a fail. We are trying to use up our pantry and when I made this the sauce was so grossly sweet. I checked the label and second ingredient was high fructose-glucose :( Eww...ate half.

3) We have a handful of these leftover. I had one, and this...



































1) Today started out with a late morning breakfast of an egg sandwich & coffee.

2)Lunch was fabulous! I made a Cooking Light recipe of butternut squash and Parmesan bread pudding with a side salad of spinach, raspberries, honey almonds and poppy seed dressing. I had another half serving of the bread pudding ;)

3) I wasn't too hungry tonight as lunch was late and heavier so it was toasted rice cakes with salted caramel P.B. Amazing Grass shake with soy milk and 2 baby mandarins.
  
A few days ago hubby helped me put my light box together. I bought the supplies to do it in Sept, but it got put on the back burner. I love it! I don't take any fancy photo's and I'm not writing a cookbook, but I hate taking pictures of ugly yellow food in the winter!

 
Instead of a cardboard box we used a clear Rubbermaid style with a drawer. It worked well!


It makes a huge difference!


I also worked on two other goals this week. One was to start a daily memory box. You write down one good thing that happens everyday of the year. At the end of the year you can go through them!


















I found the perfect box! I love it :) Totally goes with my theme of more positivity this year.

My other project was to make a visual weight loss dish. I put 160 stones in a dish, which is my ultimate weight loss goal.  Every stone represents 1lb. I move each pound lost to the lost dish, so I can visually see it. Hubby liked it so much, he did one too!

I have set goals for certain milestones, to reward myself.

Last night I started on one last project. A vision board. It's not done yet but I'm getting there. I plan to keep my goals forefront in my mind this year! Fail to plan, plan to fail right?!

If you would like to follow along with my WI's, I will post every Wednesday under the My Progress tab :)

Well, I had better get my zoo fed and medicated for the night! Sweet Dreams!

Did you set any New Year's Resolutions? 

How are you ensuring you reach them?

Have you ever stuck to a previous resolution in the past?

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by,I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...