So I've missed work all week, I've been miserable and have a horrible cough that no medicine is a match for. Yesterday I went to the Dr to get a note for work ($25!!) and after listening to my wheezing chest for all of two minutes was told, "Oh my! You definitely have bronchitis!"
So now I'm on antibiotics (that haven't kicked in yet) and I'm desperate for a decent nights sleep! Last night my cough medicine gave out 3hrs before it was supposed to :( Finger's crossed tonight is better.
Needless to say I haven't worked out at all, and probably won't be for another week. I have however, been making sure to take all of my vitamins, drinking fluids, and I've been eating pretty healthy all week. I'm trying to give my body all it needs to recover!
Here is peek of some recent eats in no particular order:
- Egg, spinach, avocado, salsa and nutritional yeast in a whole wheat wrap.
- Brown rice, mixed veggies, and Fieldroast veggie sausage cooked with veggie broth
- Banana & Cherry "sorbet" made with my Yonana's machine with a mini brownie diced on top
- Ambrosia apple-my fav!
- Smoothie; Soy milk, Amazing Grass, bee pollen, flax, banana, blueberry, Greek yogurt, and Udo's oil
- Quinoa stir fry with lots of veggies, raw cashews and Blue Dragon Plum wasabi stir fry sauce.
- Vegetarian Udon soup
- Yam and asparagus roll
- Little(not even half filled cup) of Menchies frozen yogurt-Rootbeer with chocolate rocks ;)
- Kashi snackage
- Yellow Dal with brown rice and sauteed spinach
- Scrambled eggs with homemade hash browns
- My usual nightly dessert-Decaf coffee and a Treasure Mills banana chocolate chip mini loaf
- A mix of Ezekiel and Kashi cereals, ground flax, banana's, raspberries, blueberries, kiwi and soy milk
- Whole wheat quesadilla filled with leftover mix of black beans, corn, ground round and Tex Mex seasoning, and cheese with a side of mango salsa
- 4 Baby potatoes sliced and topped with nutritional yeast, roasted asparagus and Gardeins mandarin orange chik'n
- fruit snack :)
- Spinach salad with blueberries, carrots, tomatoes, and snap pea's and my Mexican bites- to be on the blog tomorrow :-)
- Sprouted grain bagel with cream cheese and Amy's chunky vegetable soup
While waiting for my prescription I got our groceries for the week. I bought 90% fresh or perishable food. I'm still working on emptying our freezers for the most part before buying more. They are looking good! Least amount we've had in them for a long time!
My friend was taking a look for carrageenan free almond milk and found that Silk True Almond is free of it.
I somehow overlooked this when looking through them all. Yay!! I love the dark chocolate, it is one I bought often :) I've been really reading my labels as it is in many other things like cream cheese, ice creams, even my cat food has it! I'm doing my best to be aware and to avoid it as much as possible.
A few days ago I picked up a couple new cookbooks. Yes, I have many but what can I say? I love them, I use them, and I'll have them forever ;)
Martha Stewart's is vegetarian and I love her style of meals. She has a good handful on her website that are in the book too!
The Karma Chow is vegan, whole food, mostly GF, and mostly soy free. The recipes look fairly simple and tasty. I can't wait to try some of them out. I like that they have recipes for healthy homemade salad dressings. I find it hard to find ones I like that aren't oil laden! I'm picky!
Well that's it for me tonight! I'm off to have a super hot bath and steam my lungs! Sweet dreams <3