I guess everyone thinks they are a hit ;) I have listed,my point friendly, top 2 versions, but the possibilities are endless!! (Different fruit combo's, you can add P.B or butterscotch chips, you can add chia seeds, or hemp hearts, etc, etc!)
This is the basic "base"...
Ingredients: Makes 18 cupcake size or 16 brownie pan squares, or a lot of mini muffins!
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 banana, coarsely mashed
- 2 cups of fruit of your choice-frozen or fresh. (for frozen large fruit like mango's and cherry's I coarsely chopped (pulsed) in my processor).
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup flax seeds, ground
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups soy or almond milk
- 1/2c mini chocolate chips(optional)
- I used 1c frozen mango and 1c frozen blueberries with original soy milk. I also added 4 drops of french vanilla liquid Stevia, no chocolate chips. I did them in the brownie pan and they are 5pp based on 16 squares.
- I used Dark Chocolate Almond milk, 2 cups of frozen cherries(coarsely chopped), and 1/2c of Enjoy Life Dairy, soy, nut free mini chocolate chips and 4 drops of dark chocolate liquid Stevia. (optional) They are 6pp each based on 16 squares.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce
- Add banana's, sugar and fruit
- In another bowl mix together oats, flax seeds, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour dry mix into the wet mix, and mix until well blended
- Add milk and mix until combined
- Thoroughly spray your tins with cooking spray (or you can use liners)
- Scoop mixture into tins so that it comes just to the top of the tin.
- Bake brownie tin muffins for 40-43min (or until set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean)
- Regular muffin tins are approx. 35min, and mini muffins take 20min.
Let me know your thoughts if you try them out :-)
Tomorrow is my third WW meeting and I'm in a really good place!! I've started working out, I've been tracking everything for 2 wks, and I'm losing :) I'll check in after my meeting. Have a great day!